Terms & Conditions
MA Fitness look forward to helping you reach your goals. To help to provide a professional, enjoyable and inspiring experience for you, please read through the terms and conditions of our services.
- Before you begin any exercise programme or begin to follow any of the personal training recommendations, advice or other instructions, you should first consult your doctor and/or have a physical examination should you feel it is necessary.
- The recommendations, advice and instructions provided by your personal trainer, are in no way intended to replace medical advice by your doctor or specialist. Please inform your trainer if you believe any advice is contrary to that of your doctor.
- MA Fitness and all associated personal trainers offer no warranties or representations regarding the advice, instructions, email advice or any other information provided.
- You should be aware that participating in exercise has a risk of causing injury, both minor and potentially major.
- MA Fitness shall not be liable for any claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, arising out of or connected to any instruction or information provided, including any injuries resulting there from.
Payments and cancellations of personal training sessions.
- MA Fitness request full payment in advance for all personal training services prior to commencement of contracted time period. This is non-refundable.
- For monthly packages, sessions must be planned each week with your trainer. If you are unable to make a session throughout a specific week, that session may be scheduled in order to double up your session another week. This session must be planned within 4 weeks of the originally scheduled period.
- Notification of cancellation for pre booked personal training sessions is requested at least 24 hours in advance of the appointed time, to incur no charge. Notification of cancellation within a lesser time or not arriving for the appointment incurs the full fee for the session.
- All contracted personal training sessions must be used within 6 months commencing from the first paid session with the exception of personal training sessions paid by standing order or by direct debit which must be used within the calendar month which they were paid for.
- In the event that your personal trainer cancels a pre booked session providing less than 24 hours notice, your personal trainer should reschedule the missed session or credit you the equivalent cost of the training session within a 21 day period.
- I recognise that the privacy of my client’s personal information is a fundamental element of public trust and confidence in my service. I am well aware of my client’s privacy concerns and as such, adopt responsible privacy standards to provide my clients with privacy protections in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- It is understood between you and your Trainer that both must commit to your training programme 100% in order for you to achieve results.
- You are required to arrive on time for each Session so that the Trainer’s full training plan is achieved on each visit.
- You are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- You are required to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (a “PARQ”) before undertaking your first personal training session.
- Your Trainer may require a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP. Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter.
- You understand and agree that it is your responsibility to inform the Trainer of any conditions or changes to your health, now and ongoing, which might affect your ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
- Your Trainer may require further medical information from a practitioner if you have anything that may limit exercising. You must be willing to provide such details. as failing to do so may mean I am unable to train you.
- You understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If you sustain or claim to sustain any injury while participating in training, you acknowledge that the Trainer is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by his/her gross negligence or intentional act.
- Your Trainer cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.