Everyone wants to know the best way to lose weight. There is no one way and for each person, it could be different but also very similar. The difference is hidden in details.
Everyone is different. Some people got no problems at all and by sticking to simple rules they can lose weight easier than others.
There will be people having very stressful life or work and because of that they might develop anxiety. That can lead to poor quality of sleep. Research says that poor quality of sleep can lead to poor food choices, and this might be a reason that the process of losing weight takes longer.
Everyone got different challenges in life which has the big impact on weight loss. By knowing your barriers and challenges you need to figure out and find your own way for weight / fat loss.
Let’s read below about a few quite important steps to take to lose body weight/fat easier:
- Find out your caloric maintenance level. That is the amount of calories you need to consume to maintain your body weight.
- Deduct 10-20% from the maintenance level to create deficit. The smaller deficit the better as it allows you to maintain the results for longer, although it might take a bit longer to lose weight.
- Track your calories for at least the first few weeks to make sure you are getting the right amount of food. At the same time, you learn about the portion sizes
- Be more active. The more you move the more calories you burn, and you can easier create and maintain the caloric deficitMake sure you have enough sleep.
- Drink enough water (2.5-3.5 litres a day)
- Make sure you sleep 7-8 hours, and that is a good quality sleep.
- Reduce processed food and cook as much as you can.
- Eat vegetables in every meal to provide good amount of fibres and vitamins.
Some people want only to lose weight and they will be happy with the less number on the scale. Don’t get me wrong it is fantastic and especially if you are obese person your first and main goal should be weight loss. That should be your priority from the health perspective. And then if you lose weight, you might start thinking more about body transformation and developing more muscles to change a body shape, improve your posture and get stronger. Also, for people who want to do this straight from the start, you should be adding another step … and that is:
9. Introduce Resistance Training into your routine. This will make sure you become stronger, fix all the weaknesses, and improve your posture. Apart from that whilst burning body fat you will be maintaining the muscle mass which visually will be better at the end. The kilograms might be dropping slower but you would be getting leaner.
During the whole process you need to be patient. DO NOT expect the results over the night. You change your body, and it is a process that takes time. Track your results in few different ways:
- Measurements (use tape measure)
- Clothing (if they fit on you easier that is a great sign)
- Mirror (you will see the body is changing)
- Your friends will tell you as well. Especially if someone hasn’t seen you for some time the one will spot the difference.
- Before and after photo. Because you are seeing yourself every day you might not spot the small changes. But if you take before and after photo every 4 weeks – you will notice a change.
- Scale – yes use it as well and see how numbers change alongside with the other ways of tracking mentioned above.
Good luck with any goal that you have got in mind.